The Uttar Pradesh government has extended the weekend lockdown till May 4, which means lockdown in UP from this Friday (30th April 2021) evening till Tuesday (4th May 2021) morning. The decision comes in view of rising Covid cases across the state with Uttar Pradesh reporting 29,824 new Covid cases and 266 deaths on Wednesday.
The list of activities allowed and not allowed during this period –
1. Medical & Health services to remain open.
2. Grocery stores to remain open.
3.Food deliveries, takeaways, & goods deliveries.
4. Patients & Pregnant women’s to allowed to travel for medical purposes.
5. Valid ticket holders will be allowed to travel to Airports, Bus & Railway stations.
6. Wedding with 50 people capacity in indoors and 100 if outdoors.
7. Government buses at 50% capacity.
8. Only 20 people at funerals.
1. All institutions including government and private to remain closed.
2. Hotel, restaurants, malls, gyms, shopping complex, spa etc. to remain closed.
3. Schools, colleges to remain closed.
4. Any sort of religious gatherings not allowed.
Fine of 1000 for flouting rules for the first time and 10,000 on the second time.